Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July

Happy Fourth of July! This is one of my favorite holidays. It was so fun this year. We had such a busy day. Carter and I got up and got down to the parade early because I wanted to at least park within walking distance to Chris' office. This was the first year that the office has been open in Canyon and it was really nice to have a place with air conditioning and something cold to drink (and of course a real bathroom). It was so hot but we hardly noticed. Carter was very interested in all of the parade especially the soldiers. He stood on the window sile and just clapped his little heart out. Lyons Realty was very close to the end and I don't think Carter understood that Daddy's car was a part of the parade.

As of this year I decided to start some traditions with Carter. I have not been to the park for fireworks since I was in junior high. So we packed up and went. I'm so glad we went. Carter wasn't scared of the loud noises. He wouldn't even take his eyes away from the sky. He did keep saying BOOM! I think everyone liked watching his expressions more than the fireworks. Hopefully we will remember how much fun we had this year and do it again next year.






Carter & Mommy getting ready to watch the parade.

Watching fireworks for the first time.

Carter helping Daddy wash the corvette for the parade.

No comments: